Did you know it is estimated that three-quarters of New Year’s resolutions are abandoned by the end of February?
Why do people give up on their resolutions so quickly?
- It takes time to make a new habit, or to lose a less healthy one. Any new exercise regime or diet takes a while to bed in.
- We often set unrealistic goals and targets- for example, deciding to eat no sugar, give up carbohydrates completely or exercise every day for an hour.
How can you improve your chances of success?
- Knowing your current health status is a good way to start-your cholesterol level, blood sugar level, blood pressure, body mass index, and being aware of your ideal measurements .
- A good way to do this is to have a Health Assessment, personal to you, taking account of your age, gender, family history and lifestyle.
- By knowing these parameters as well as others, your individual risk for heart disease can be calculated. Other potentially serious conditions can also be screened for eg lung disease, cancers, mental health problems. This means you can set goals that really improve your personal health, which are safe and realistic for you.
How can we help?
- At Roseneath Medical practice, Dr Sumi Soori offers a broad range of Health Assessments- Men, Women’s, Comprehensive health assessments, Healthy heart, Cognitive assessments, Child health, Fertility, Mental health etc all with same day results. Referrals can be made as necessary to other health professionals, some on-site eg physiotherapy.
- Making new habits and behaviours requires us to understand our responses to stress and other triggers. Dr Soori can help you to do this through Cognitive Behavioural therapy, which can help increase your chance of sticking to you goals and achieving your resolutions.
- So for 2018, rather than embark on fad diets or fitness regimes that you can’t keep to, why not book a health assessment to fully understand your current health status, and receive advice and support you to successfully achieve your goals.
Roseneath Medical Practice offers a 10% discount for health assessment bookings in January and February ‘18