July 2017 – Patient’s feedback
‘As an American who visits London quite frequently, I have been generally very fortunate not to require medical services while here. However, on my current trip I was not as fortunate as I found that a severe allergic reaction required blood tests with a quick turn-around time. After exploring options, the only one that would meet the need for a quick turn-around was Roseneath Medical Practice in Richmond. My first call was answered by Jessica in reception, and she was very charming and understood exactly what I needed and helped arrange an appointment with Dr. Sumi Soori within two hours. Upon my arrival, I filled out a short questionnaire and was immediately shown into Dr. Soori’s office. Dr. Soori was friendly, professional, very competent, and understood the need for quick turn-around. She drew the blood right away, and it left the examination room before I did. She promised the results by end of the day, by phone, or email if it was too late. I received a call from Dr. Soori six hours after the blood was drawn and she had the complete set of results which she reviewed with me. And I received a follow-up email with the detailed results as well.
My entire experience with Roseneath Medical Practice was efficient, friendly, and professional, and I recommend them without reservation!’
Heart Disease & Cancer Information, provided by our Richmond Doctors
Did you know that women over 50 years of age are at an increased risk of heart disease and certain cancers?
- The hormonal changes that occur during the menopause cause a rise in cholesterol levels. The metabolism also slows down during this time, causing weight gain and increasing cardiovascular risk further.
How you can help:
- Focus on healthy diet and lifestyle ( stay active, eat healthily, maintain a healthy weight, reduce stress, avoid too much alcohol, don’t smoke)
- Take part in regular health screening- body mass index check, blood pressure screening, cholesterol and diabetes screening, baseline electrocardiogram, ten year cardiovascular risk assessment
- Cancer becomes more common after the age of fifty, especially breast cancer, lung cancer, bowel cancer and gynaecological cancers (womb, cervical, ovarian)
How you can help:
- Regular breast self- examination and mammogram screening every three years; colorectal cancer screening through stool sample plus possible sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy; gynaecological cancer screening via cervical smear and HPV infection test every five years from 50 years age, regular pelvic examinations plus possible tumour marker testing and pelvic scan
At Roseneath Medical Practice we believe that health promotion and disease prevention are key to living a long, healthy life. To help you achieve this, for women over the age of fifty, our practice offers a variety of health assessments and screening tests, all with same day results.
We are open over the holiday period. Availability is on an oncall basis so please feel free to call 02089409955 for an appointment. You can leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
There aren’t enough words to describe the praise I have for Dr Soori at Roseneath Medical Practice. I needed an emergency appointment as was really poorly and I got seen straight away. Dr Soori has such a calm and gentle energy that you immediately feel in good hands. She got to the route of my problem very quickly and treated it, she also unearthed a more concerning problem that hadn’t been picked up before. I feel very fortunate to have seen her and I will be using her as my G.P. from now on. If I could give a 6 star review I would! – Bridget Hunt